The Most Feature-Rich Implementation of DESFire Available
We are excited to announce the availability of DESFire EV3 credentials. EV3 is the latest addition to the MIFARE DESFire family of smart card chipsets from NXP. This new evolution introduces the option of even more features for implementations.
HID DESFire EV3 cards leverage security features including AES128 encryption, secure channel-based file transfer and proximity check to protect card data from attack. Furthermore, unlike many other DESFire solutions available on the market, Random UID has also been introduced to ensure the card will never openly share any information that could be associated with the user. Finally, EV3 credentials from HID offer layered security with the addition of a Secure Identity Object™ (SIO®) data model for added key diversification, authentication signatures and encryption.
For migration purposes, HID EV3 credentials are also available as multi-technology cards to enable a smooth migration path from legacy, low-frequency 125 kHz-based systems to a modern and secure credential technology.
- Feature-rich security – Secure card data with the best implementation of the DESFire EV3 toolbox including AES128 encryption, secure channel-based file transfer and proximity check to protect against man-in-the-middle attacks
- Added assurance – Available with the portable Secure Identity Object data model for added key diversification, authentication signatures and encryption
- User privacy – Implementing a random UID prevents the card from openly sharing any information that could be associated with the user
- Flexible – Available in three profiles to ensure the best fit for your access control system: High Security, Compatibility and Custom
- Fully backwards compatible – Ensure your investment in legacy DESFire credentials and readers is protected; DESFire EV3 credentials offer full backwards compatibility with EV1 and EV2 based solutions
EV3 Programming Profiles
HID’s DESFire solutions offer choice, allowing you to:
- Ensure the highest standards for security and privacy features are implemented out of the box with the new “High Security” profile option
- Maintain backwards compatibility with iCLASS SE® readers with the “Compatibility” profile
- Design a bespoke implementation and program in the field with the “Custom” profile
Summary of credentials being discontinued:
MIFARE DESFire EV1 cards including magstripe options and custom graphics with a suffix on the part number.
- MIFARE DESFire EV1 Cards – Part Numbers:
- MIFARE DESFire EV1 + Prox Cards – Part Numbers:
Timeline of Discontinuance:
- End of Sale: Feb 28, 2022
- Final Scheduled Ship Date: March 31, 2022*
- End of Life: December 31, 2022